|Page (1) of 1 - 06/13/18||email article||print page|
Veea Acquires Virtuosys to Bolster Edge Computing Platform, Advancing IoT-Enabled Devices and Smart ApplicationsNext Generation Edge Platform Deployable in Any Environment, from Industrial IoT to Smart Cities and Smart Retail (June 13, 2018) Veea Inc., a global leader in smart applications, today announced the acquisition of the UK-based Virtuosys Ltd. ("Virtuosys"), a company delivering Smart network solutions at the network edge. Following the closing, Virtuosys will become a wholly owned subsidiary of Veea and will change its name to Veea Systems Ltd. ("Veea Systems"). Both companies have been collaborating for some time on Internet of Things (IoT) devices, gateways and smart applications that are seeing widespread adoption in consumer and business environments, which is estimated to be on the order of 31 billion connected things worldwide by 2020. Virtuosys' Managed Edge Application Platform incorporates an intelligent edge server ("VeeaHub") that delivers cloud capabilities out to the edge, changing the economics and efficiencies of edge computing for a wide range of vertical markets. This acquisition provides for a groundbreaking platform that intelligently connects everyone and everything, that is IoT-enabled, while making it possible for commercial and social connections to become contextual and relevant more efficiently.
- Smart applications for retail, transportation, buildings, campuses, factories, healthcare, cities and more supported by indoor and outdoor versions of VeeaHub product and platform services
- An intelligent Linux edge server with a first-in-class unified wireless and wired computing mesh ("vMesh") that supports all commonly used wireless communications protocols
- Advanced edge computing that brings together state-of-the-art communications and virtualized application environments that create a price-performance advantage for IoT applications;
- A powerful embedded server that can run software applications dynamically at business locations and in the Cloud. In addition, the server also provides 4G data failover services, LAN router/firewall and VPN services, IoT gateway/firewall, as well as Bluetooth beacon support for applications
- Applications such as private and guest WiFi with an enterprise-class AP, music and video streaming applications, proximal marketing, multi-room PA system, multi-site video training services, private secure messaging, IoT automation services, indoor and outdoor positioning supporting footfall analytics, heat maps and dwell times, workforce management, machine learning and artificial intelligence
- VeeaPOS Point of Sale (POS) platform and applications for retailers, mobile vendors, service providers and hospitality venues.
- VeeaPay payment services that support all major credit cards and methods of payments including contact, contactless and cardless payments (Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, Alipay and WeChat Pay) with competitive rates.
- VeeaConnect merchant application is an end-to-end solution to connect businesses with their customers with ease and provide staff management, payment services, proximity-based waitlists, promotions, deals management and product catalog.
- Veea consumer application is a mobile companion to VeeaConnect app for discovering local businesses, community content, shared experiences, interactive services, personal event planning, and unlockable rewards. It is available in the iOS App Store and the Google Play Store.
Related Keywords:Virtuosys, Veea, IoT, Smart, Edge
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved