|Page (1) of 1 - 04/04/18||email article||print page|
Top Website Development Company, Lounge Lizard, shares the Top 6 Web Design Myths
NEW YORK, April 4, 2018 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Lounge Lizard is globally recognized as one of the top website development companies within the web design and development industry. Lounge Lizard's brandtenders are creative, tech-savvy, and passionate in developing innovative strategies that drive conversion for both startup and established clients of all industries, making them the "best of breed since 1998."
Whether you need to design a new web site or are considering a re-design to an existing site one of the important things you need to do is educate yourself. While myths have always existed, the rise of the concept of Fake News has made it more important than ever to learn what is factual versus what is not. Sadly there are companies that utilize myths to misinform and subsequently take advantage of unknowing clients. Today the NY based website development company, Lounge Lizard, shares the Top 6 Web Design Myths.
- A website doesn't need to be mobile friendly. The only way this is true is if you simply don't plan on doing a lot of business online, in which case you aren't reading this anyway. The majority of web browsing is now down on a mobile device. In most cases a desktop site is difficult to use on a mobile device and users won't take the time or effort to use a site not optimized for their needs. In addition Google has been making a push for mobile which includes adding penalties to your mobile search rankings if your site isn't easy to use on mobile.
- An expensive design guarantees success. Money spent does not always equate to money earned. Regardless of cost, a website needs to be properly planned and well-designed, providing functionality and a good user experience along with a pleasing look. Just because someone quotes a high price tag, you can't assume that means the results will be effective.
- Only the Homepage matters. For many sites the Home page is the most important page, however that does not mean it is the only page that matters and that all of the efforts should be focused there. For most sites, there are many high-value pages and even when the home page has the highest value; it might only win out by a few degrees. Your true goal should be a well-designed site from top to bottom that features consistency, a strong UX, and easy navigation so that no matter where a customer lands they can easily find what they want.
- You need lots of features. Just because you can do something does not always mean you should do something and that is often the case with features on a website. The primary goal of any site is to drive conversion, whether that means buying products, getting newsletter signups, etc. Any features your website will have should help that process otherwise you risk both distracting customers from meeting your own goal along with slowing down your site due to excess features (which can reduce your conversion rate).
- White space should be filled. A common misconception in web design is that white or open space needs to be filled. However white space is often used as a design function, bringing focus and clarity to elements and the overall point of the site without distracting users. The more things a user has to take in visually means the less likely it is that they will move forward along your sales funnel towards a conversion.
- How it looks trumps functionality. Having a great looking site is an important factor but it isn't the only factor. Imagine if you have a fully restored 1961 Ferrari GT in your driveway, waxed and shined to perfection. Now imagine that same car doesn't have an engine. First and foremost a website needs to fulfill needs of customers and do so in a highly functional manner. While it should also look good in the process, you simply can't overlook the user experience and functionality simply for looks. The car still needs to drive.
Lounge Lizard Website Development Company is an award-winning, high-end design boutique specializing in website and mobile app development, UX/UI, branding, and marketing. Lounge Lizard excels in creating the ultimate brand strategy, fully loaded with expertly crafted visuals that work together to increase sales and effectively communicate a client's unique personality.
Media Contact: Ken Braun, Lounge Lizard, 631-581-1000, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Lounge Lizard
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Home,Internet,Web,Search,Internet Technology,Business,