|Page (1) of 1 - 05/17/18||email article||print page|
CIRA partners with Skyway West to provide cybersecurity solutions for businesses in Western Canada
OTTAWA, May 17, 2018 /CNW/ - Today, the Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) announced it has signed an agreement with Skyway West, one of western Canada's leading independent internet service providers, to provide D-Zone DNS Firewall to its growing list of business customers.
Skyway West is offering their new DNS firewall service as base level of protection for all their customers to help protect their networks from the growing proliferation of malware, ransomware and other cyber threats. Skyway will also be offering a premium service to its customers which includes a self-management dashboard with real-time reporting and whitelist/blacklist capability.
- All existing and future Skyway West customers will enjoy free access to their new DNS firewall service as part of the ISP's commitment to protecting their customers' networks, data and businesses.
- CIRA's D-Zone DNS Firewall is powered by Akamai's DNS infrastructure and blocks 1 million new domains every month for customers in Canada.
- This agreement with Skyway West represents CIRA's commitment to internet service providers and managed service providers to develop DNS-based tools they can deploy to protect their customers.
- The DNS plays a key role in a comprehensive defense-in-depth cybersecurity strategy as 91 percent of all malware uses the DNS for command and control. DNS protection neutralizes malware.
We believe that protecting our customers from websites known to host malware is essential to providing them with safe, efficient network services—and in doing so we prevent them from unknowingly attacking others. In partnership with CIRA, Skyway's DNS Firewall adds value to our business services in a way that is seamless and easy to deploy. We couldn't be happier with the results.
– Bill Campbell, President, Skyway West
Service providers are the backbone of corporate IT in Canada. As part of our commitment to helping protect Canadians online, we are proud to work with forward-thinking business service providers to help them strengthen their product offerings and add value for their customers.
– Andrew Fraser, director of sales, CIRA
- Video: Skyway DNS Firewall
- Skyway West Launches DNS Firewall
- CIRA's D-Zone DNS Firewall
- Canadian Internet Security Survey
About Skyway West
Skyway West is a Canadian ISP highly recommended by IT and communications professionals since 1996. Skyway offers broadband access (full duplex fibre, DSL, cable, LTE) and managed broadband solutions (unified communications, software-defined bonded internet, diverse-carrier failover, private networking, and security as a service) to business clients everywhere. For more information, visit skywaywest.com.
About the Canadian Internet Registration Authority
The Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) manages the .CA top-level domain on behalf of all Canadians. CIRA also develops technologies and services—such as D-Zone DNS Firewall—that help support its goal of building a better online Canada. The CIRA team operates one of the fastest-growing country code top-level domains (ccTLD), a high-performance global DNS network, and one of the world's most advanced back-end registry solutions.
SOURCE Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA)
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Sales,Sales & Marketing,Security,Networking,Internet,Business Issues,Threats,Security,Sales,Sales,Canada,Business,Business Services,Internet Service Providers,Internet Technology,Business,Internet,Internet Information Provider,Internet Security,Other,