|Page (1) of 1 - 07/26/17||email article||print page|
Bryan Cranston Wraps Up Day Two of His First-Ever USO Tour
ARLINGTON, Va., July 26, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- New York Times best-selling author and award-winning actor, screenwriter, director and producer Bryan Cranston visits with more than 1,300 service members and officially wraps up day two of his first-ever USO tour. Cranston is spending a week visiting with servicemen and women, exploring military work sites and bringing his New York Times best-selling memoir "A Life in Parts" to life. Having already rounded out a USO visit to U.S. Army Garrison Ansbach (July 24) and Ramstein Air Base (July 25), Cranston is now making his way to three more military bases this week, to include U.S. Army Garrison Wiesbaden (July 26); Royal Air Force Alconbury (July 27); as well as Royal Air Force Mildenhall and Royal Air Force Lakenheath (July 29). ***USO photo link below***
- As part of his USO activities on the ground, Cranston has greeted military medical staff, toured a flight line, visited a working dog unit, participated in a military theater group discussion and ventured inside multiple military aircraft.
- Cranston capped off the day with his first of four "An Evening with Bryan Cranston" USO shows. Centered around his memoir, "A Life in Parts," Cranston is sharing insights on what led him to acting and his various roles, as well as participating in a rousing Q&A with troops.
- Not a stranger to America's armed forces, Cranston, himself, has ties to military service. His father was a pilot in the U.S. Navy and his mother was in the U.S. Coast Guard, with both parents having served in World War II.
- Best known for his portrayal of 'Walter White' in the AMC drama "Breaking Bad" and 'Hal' on the popular Fox comedy series "Malcolm in the Middle," Cranston has built a reputation as a talented actor in both drama and comedy on both the big and small screens. He is a four-time Emmy Award winner, Golden Globe Award winner, Tony Award winner and Academy Award nominee. Cranston went on to write a memoir, "A Life in Parts," which quickly became a New York Times best seller.
- Among some of his feature film credits are "All The Way," "Trumbo," "Wakefield," Why Him?," "The Infiltrator," "Godzilla," "Argo," "Drive," "Contagion," "The Lincoln Lawyer," "Little Miss Sunshine," "Saving Private Ryan," "Larry Crown" and "That Thing You Do!," among others. He has also lent his voice to DreamWorks Animation films "Kung Fu Panda 3" and "Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted." Cranston will next star in "Last Flag Flying" and "Untouchable."
USO Tour Photos: http://bit.ly/2tVshLd
About the USO:
The USO strengthens America's military service members by keeping them connected to family, home and country, throughout their service to the nation. At hundreds of locations worldwide, we are united in our commitment to connect our service members and their families through countless acts of caring, comfort, and support. The USO is a private, nonprofit organization, not a government agency. Our programs, services and entertainment tours are made possible by the American people, support of our corporate partners and the dedication of our volunteers and staff.
In addition to individual donors and corporate sponsors, the USO is supported by President's Circle Partners: AT&T, Bob & Dolores Hope Foundation, Clark Construction Group, LLC, The Coca-Cola Company, FedEx, Jeep, Johnson & Johnson, Kroger, NFL, Southern New Hampshire University and Four-Star Partners: Altria, BIC, ConAgra Foods, GEICO, Harris Teeter, Lockheed Martin, Microsoft, TKS, USAA and the Wawa Foundation. We are also supported through the United Way and Combined Federal Campaign (CFC-11381). To join us in this important mission, and to learn more about the USO, please visit uso.org.
(703) 864-5980 cell
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bryan-cranston-wraps-up-day-two-of-his-first-ever-uso-tour-300494613.html
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Animators, Camera/Film, Broadcast Technology, Germany, USA, Film, Theater, Entertainment, Military, england, Family, Parents, Women,